AKA, “Net Zero 2050”
I have written before on the “Green New Deal” and why it is wrong for America. However, it is now September and as I understand it, the Princeton University Study, Net Zero Carbon by 2050 is basically about to become law.
Based on my career in power generation and including professional involvement in other countries of the world, my opinion is that “Net Zero Carbon” is wrong for America. Here are some reasons why I believe this:
- Climate Change is mostly natural, not caused by human activity such as burning fossil fuels. Some references are listed below. These are some of the respected Scientists that specialize in Atmospheric and Climate Science that disagree with the “War on Carbon”.
- The U.S.A. is a minor contributor to world emissions of CO2 when compared to Asian countries including China and India.
- Economic prosperity and manufacturing is dependent on reasonable cost energy. The Net Zero Carbon Path will increase American energy costs and is impractical.
- America uses about 100 Quadrillion Btu’s each year. This is total energy and it includes renewables as well as nuclear and fossil fuels. The total energy use of 100 Quad’s +/- 8 has been pretty steady for over ten years. In my view, America will continue to require 100 Quadrillion Btu’s of energy and more into the future.
- Each American citizen on average uses about 800,000 to 1 million Btu’s each day. This is to simplify #4 above.
- So, why is there such a rush to destroy America’s economy (and threaten our National Security) if Fossil Fuels do not pose a threat?
- I just forund the answer to the question #6. The last lines of Dr. Rossiter’s excellent article in the WUWT Blog, “Follow the Money, It seems to me that the “science” will only be settled (or forgotten) when Mother Nature does exactly what she wants: the temperature may go up and the alarmists will rejoice in having sounded the alarm (even though it has little to do with CO2), or it will stay unchanged or go down, in which case they will either claim success in taming the monster or quietly fade away and find some new cause to dump on the long-suffering public. Whichever way it goes, the Climate Industrial Complex and all that supports it is now probably too big to fail.”
Dick Storm, September 10, 2021
References for further study:
- Watts Up With That Blog, “Follow the Money” By Dr. Paul Rossiter: https://wattsupwiththat.com/2019/10/06/understanding-the-climate-movement-part-3-follow-the-money/
- Judith Curry website, Climate.etc : https://judithcurry.com
- Science and Environment Policy Project Website: http://www.sepp.org
- The Right Stuff Climate Team (Retired NASA Engineers): https://www.therightclimatestuff.com
- D. Roy Spencer website, “Is there a Climate Crisis?” : http://www.drroyspencer.com/wp-content/uploads/Introduction.pdf
- Global Warming Policy Foundation website: https://www.thegwpf.com/topics/?mc_cid=15d7acdaf7&mc_eid=9e46528ac6
- WUWT Blog on Global Fuels Use, July 11, 2021: https://wattsupwiththat.com/2021/07/11/2020-global-energy-data-shows-fossil-fuels-completely-dominate-world-energy-use/
- EIA Battery Storage as of August 2021: https://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.php?id=49236
- Wind Power Costs and info, Stopthesethings.com: https://stopthesethings.com/?s=cost+of+wind+power
10. Donn Dears Articles: https://ddears.com/donns-articles/
11. WHITE HOUSE BROCHURES ON CLIMATE (THERE IS NO CLIMATE CRISIS)
January 8th, 2021 This is from Dr. George Holliday Environmental Newsletter, January 17, 2021 and are posted on D. Roy Spencer’s website, which is listed above #5
“Late last year, several of us were asked by David Legates (White House Office of Science and Technology Policy) to write short, easily understandable brochures that supported the general view that there is no climate crisis or climate emergency, and pointing out the widespread misinformation being promoted by alarmists through the media.
Below are the resulting 9 brochures, and an introduction by David. Mine is entitled, “The Faith-Based Nature of Human Caused Global Warming”.
David hopes to be able to get these posted on the White House website by January 20 (I presume so they will become a part of the outgoing Administration’s record) but there is no guarantee given recent events.
He said we are free to disseminate them widely. I list them in no particular order. We all thank David for taking on a difficult job in more hostile territory that you might imagine.
Introduction(Dr. David Legates)
The Sun Climate Connection(Drs. Michael Connolly, Ronan Connolly, Willie Soon)
Systematic Problems in the Four National Assessments of Climate Change Impacts on the US(Dr. Patrick Michaels)
Record Temperatures in the United States(Dr. John Christy)
Radiation Transfer(Dr. William Happer)
Is There a Climate Emergency (Dr. Ross McKitrick)
Hurricanes and Climate Change(Dr. Ryan Maue)
Climate, Climate Change, and the General Circulation(Dr. Anthony Lupo)
Can Computer Models Predict Climate(Dr. Christopher Essex)
The Faith-Based Nature of Human-Caused Global Warming(Dr. Roy Spencer)
8. Net Zero Carbon Project, Princeton University Researchers, Jenkins et al: https://cmi.princeton.edu/annual-meetings/annual-reports/year-2019/the-net-zero-america-project-finding-pathways-to-a-carbon-neutral-future/
12. Whats Up With That Website on Climate Science, Post by Andy May on the Wijngaarden & Happer Discussion of GHE (Green House Effect) Gases:
One thought on “A Short Summary of Why I Believe The War on Carbon is Wrong For America”
Thanks, Dick, for all you do.